Saturday, March 1, 2008

Doing Laundry - A love/hate relationship.

I just did my laundry. I usually put off doing laundry as long as I have clean underwear because paying for laundry is major suckage. Being a cheap college student that I am, I usually hold off doing laundry until I get home and make my mom do it (well, she ends up doing it before I even say it. Love you, Mom ♥), but I'm stuck here so I have to do my laundry or something is gonna grow on my clothes... that said, I'm writing this as I wait for it to finish.

I love... using my roommates detergent and dryer sheets.
I'm a major cheapskate. So whatever things that I don't have to buy, I'm happy. I don't think she minds anyways. It's way better than having a pile of dirty laundry in the corner stinking up the room. Of course, my laundry doesn't do that. But it does pile high. Boy, did I get a work out carrying it down the long ass hallway.

But I hate... paying for my laundry.
You probably noticed already. I hate paying for the laundry, especially when I can do it at home. Why buy it here? Drive down to SF, have my mom do the laundry at home, AND get a sandwich. I mean, hello? Perfect. I mean, it's not that expensive. It's only $1.75, but what pisses me off is the add value machine. It only accepts $5 or higher. Which means, I'll always have an odd number of money until I do 20 freaking loads of laundry. But you know what that means? I have shelled out 35 bucks to do LAUNDRY. That I get for FREE at home. If the stupid machine accepted dollars, I would have only needed to shell out 7 bucks and got 4 loads, which is PERFECTLY fine for someone who hardly does laundry anyways. I hate being the type of person who can't even left a quarter on the card go... but it'll probably end up happening, because there is no fucking way I'm gonna do 20 loads.

I love... waiting for laundry.
This only applies in the dorms because I can go back to my room and do whatever while the laundry is going on. Beat a few people on tetris, clean up the room, dance foolishly around my room. I love it.

But I hate... waiting for people to GET THEIR FUCKING LAUNDRY.
I HATE it when people leave their laundry just sitting there. I usually check the time and make sure that I'm going back to get the laundry within 5 minutes of it being done. But going to the laundry room every 10 minutes to check if the laundry has been picked up so I can throw my stinky shit into the washer and the washer is still occupied? OH HELL NO. That pisses me off. What makes people think that they can just leave it in there? Next time, I'm gonna throw their stuff into the dryer and squirt ketchup in it.

I love... sorting out my colors.
So, the only times I ever do my laundry is when I have a SHITLOAD OF LAUNDRY. So, I usually have enough clothes to do two loads. Which means I can choose what colors to put into the machine. Of course, blacks and colors go together and whites and pastel colors go together. I think I have some OCD because I sit there and wonder if the loads will be equal and take clothes out one pile and put it on another, even if it's not totally matching in category. "It's sorta dark..." But whatever, I'm weird, this is fun.

But I hate... dropping my fucking clothes.
I tend to be impatient when transferring my clothes from the washer to the dryer. So I grab a big ass pile of wet clothes and try to shove it into the dryer asap. But it usually ends up too big for me to handle and I drop something, like a sock or a shirt. PISSES ME OFF. I just got it clean and it fell on the fucking floor. Of course, it's my fault, but whatever. Still pisses me off. I end up just throwing it into the dryer. Haha, lazy.

I love... putting on warm clothes.
You know what I'm talking about. The clothes right out of the drying, smelling so clean and fresh and WARM. Every time I do laundry, I always put on an article of clothing. If I'm out in public, I put on a sweater or a shirt over my shirt. If I'm in private... OMG, I take off everything and put on nice warm clothes. Seriously, strip down and put on every article of clothing. It's like heaven.

I hate... burning.
Okay, so I realized that putting on every article of clothing is really bad. Especially if it starts to BURN. I just did it not that long ago, and omfg, the metal parts of my jeans (the little rivets and stuff) started sizzling against my thigh. It's not a fun feeling. I start sweating and making my clothes dirty again. I can't imagine what it would be like for a guy. I suggest you don't put on hot underwear on if you don't want your girlfriend to laugh at you. A burned peen is hilarious.

Alright, my laundry probably has been done for like 10 minutes. Oh well, it only pisses me off when OTHER people do it. I don't care if I do it. Do as I say, not as I do. Peace.

Edit: Blogger's HTML is an epic fail. I spent more time changing the HTML to make it look right than writing the actual post. I have a slight perfectionist personality. :[

No comments: