Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love shopping.

Usually, I try and dispel stereotypes with girls and show that I'm not a typical girl, but I have a confession: I really love shopping. It's such a bad habit that I picked up during puberty. When I was young, I didn't care what I wore; most of my clothes were stitched together by relatives who knew how to sew scrapes of fabric together to make jeans. I wore things bought in thrift stores, things from other families whose child didn't fit the clothes anymore and just some random shit around the house. And when I was done with them, I would give them to the next person in line. It was a big chain of hand me downs. That's how Asians roll.

So when I got to the age when people actually give a shit about what clothes you wear, I was really confused. I would see these girls wearing things from American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Hollister and I would wonder how I would look in those clothes. And then I realized that I couldn't afford the clothes; so I basically survived on department stores and places like Ross or Marshalls. But now that I think about it, I'm glad I didn't buy into the name brand clothes. They're nice clothes and all, but I don't want to be wearing advertisements along my chest.

Anyways, my shopping evolved when I got a shiny credit card. It's like +10 convenience -credit limit. I've been really tempted to go shopping online. All the shit that I couldn't get online, I now have the means to get. How dangerous. Even those stupid infomercials like the magic bullet and bowflex, I want to get all the stuff, even if I don't need it.

Being a girl is hard. So many things to buy, so little money to buy with. :< Any rich guys willing to fund Teresa's Shopping Fund? Hahaha, jk sorta.

Despite wanting to buy a lot of things, I'm usually pretty good at restraining myself from buying too much since I kind of need to eat as well. Ah college.

2 comments:

h e i d i h o said...

You know, most of what you said, about how your clothes used to be made by relatives who knew how to put pieces of fabric together, etc. that was me too... :P only, I spent most of my K-8 years in a damn skirt!

Teresa said...

Haha, I was spending way too much time playing on the monkey bars as a kid to be in a skirt. I spent most of my childhood in a dress though. :3